Thursday, December 9, 2010

Journalism and Twitter

While on Twitter, I found some information that I feel that journalists should know about Twitter.
In "Two percent of online adults in U.S. use Twitter daily," a report by the Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project, 55% of Twitter users share news stories. It seems that I'm not the only one sharing news stories with family, friends, and co-workers.

TV anchor Chris Ketz gave 5 Twitter tips for the news anchor (or anyone). My favorite tip is number 5.

I also found some posts from Craig Kanalley from his website http://www.twitterjournalism.com/. His posts, "10 Pros And 10 Cons of Twitter For Journalists," "How To Verify A Tweet," and "The Many Ways Journalists Can Use Twitter," provide good information for journalists wanting to use Twitter.

If you have tips about using Twitter, feel free to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment