Saturday, January 29, 2011

Lessons from Getting the Impossible Interview

I recently interviewed Miss Arkansas Alyse Eady, first runner-up for Miss America 2011. I had interviewed her before so I was glad to get to talk to her again.

However, this time was difficult. Eady had become an overnight sensation that everyone wanted to interview. How was I supposed to get to her? I was discouraged when I didn't get contact from her. I called, left messages, texted, and e-mailed. I was determined to get the interview.

Finally, I got contact from her public relations team the day that my story was due. Eady was at the airport waiting for a flight. I was told that she called within the hour. I waited for an hour. Nothing. I waited hour. Nothing. I, then, e-mailed her public relations manager. There had been some difficulties at the airport. Eady called me in the next few minutes. I got my interview.

I learned to stay determined and not let roadblocks get me down. It was three days before I heard from anyone. I could have given up. If I had, I probably wouldn't have checked my e-mail as soon as I did to be in the position to get the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment