Saturday, October 9, 2010

Note to Self: Journalists Should Have A Good Sense of Direction

Yesterday, I travelled to Little Rock to conduct an interview. My interview was scheduled to happen during the VIP reception within the two hours before the concert. I left early enough to get there on time. I also borrowed a GPS for the trip. However, a GPS is only as good as the user. The address was on Highway 161. The GPS did not have Highway 161 as an option. To make a long story short, I got lost. Well, I got as lost as you can get with a GPS. I knew where I was. I just didn't know how to get to where I wasn't.

Luckily, I had my contact's phone number. She had gotten lost as well. She passed her phone to someone who knew the directions. I paid as close attention to her directions as I could. When she hung up, I gave myself a pep talk and drove onward. Yes, I had to turn around because I missed the correct exit the first time. On the other hand, I was able to give my friend great directions so she could join me for the concert.

And for my interview: It went well. It was my first interview in person. Suprisingly, I wasn't that nervous during the interview. I got two interviews under my belt now. I can't wait to see where life carries me. I just hope GPS recognizes how to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment